Menu

Veggies secrets...

Friday, July 20, 2012


We can all agree that eating veggies is a good thing. The U.S. Department of Agriculture recommends that you eat five to nine servings each day. The question is how do you choke down those five to nine servings if you don't care for vegetables? And how can you get your friends and family, especially kids, to "veg out" with you at mealtime without the aid of cheese sauce or a deep fryer? While the best way to consume most vegetables is either raw or lightly steamed, some of us may need to get a little more creative to get all those servings down the hatch. Here are some ideas for those who can read french...

(Excerpt from 5 Ways to Make Over Your Veggies article)

In this book you will find:
  • Advices to properly store the vegetables
  • A calendar of when fresh vegetables are available
  • A list of vegetable recipes ordered by vegetable names


I will make meals based on the recipes available in this book, and will publish them in the diet section of this blog... Keep in touch... Actually I have one done already, the vegetable Tian, that was really amazing!!!

updated 2012 july 22nd

I made these recipes from the book:

Sautéed beets and spinach salad.
I loved it. I will redo it !!!

The same day, I made this other one: cauliflower tabouli
But no, no good for me. I didn't like it. I have some left in the fridge, maybe it will be better today or tomorrow when all the flavors have time to mix together. Or, maybe if I could find mint, I could fix the taste...
Last, this was terrible: avocado bavaroise
Mix of cream and avocado, much too fat, hardly eatable...