Menu

Tarragon wallnut haddock, cabagge choucroute

Friday, July 27, 2012

Daily meals
As often, it is when you have things left in the fridge that you don't want to lose that you are the most creative.
I had this time a big piece of cabbage I have bought to make an Thaï recipe with a wok. What could I do with this piece of cabbage that was drying in the fridge days after days ?

I don't remember exactly how, but I thought to the choucroute... except I had no ham, saussage, etc.
No problem, the choucroute in fact goes very well with the fish. I could even say, it goes better with fish than with ham or saussage because the choucroute is cooked with white wine that goes better with fish than with meat...

I decided then to make a meal with a piece of Haddock I had also in the freezer and the cabbage as a choucroute.
  1. It was really good
  2. I was so proud to have made my own choucroute (first time of my life, I always have bought it in can). It is actually VERY easy to make.
I can't prevent myself to display two pictures of the choucroute making (did you know it is cooked with a cinnamon stick?) ...